About Dietary & Nutritional Support
Diet has a profound impact on the well being and behaviour of children with autism and other related conditions such as ADHD, and immune illnesses such as asthma, allergies, eczema, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, Chronic Fatigue and Lyme Disease.
Exactly how the diet may help will vary from person to person. In our opinion, 80% of individuals respond favourably to a dietary modification. The improvements may include improved bowel habit, general health and well being, appetite and weight regulation, and in children with autism, improved behaviours and sleep patterns, eye contact, social communication and sensory issues.
A person making dietary changes may go through a temporary initial stage of worsening behaviours when the offending foods are removed. This is known as the ‘withdrawal’ stage.
AT+ can provides the guidance and advice you will need to implement:
- A broad and balanced diet
- A diet free of allergens and food intolerances
- Gluten-Free Casein-Free (GF/CF) diet
- Soy and corn free diets
- Sugar free diets
- Yeast free diets
- Diet free of artificial food additives
- Diet free of complex carbohydrates (SCD and GAPS diets)
- Diet rich in fermented foods and beverages (Body Ecology Diet)
- Diet full of nutrients and foods that promotes a healthy body and mind
- Low FODMAP diets